Amazon Banner

Friday, March 25, 2016

Where to stay and eat in Syracuse New York

Where to stay and eat in Syracuse New York if you arrived from Greater Toronto Area.

I discover for myself a two nice place to stay and eat in Syracuse. I was going to attend Digital Marketing Boot Camp 2016 organized by Syracuse Media Group.

I drove from Toronto (Richmond Hill to be precise) to Syracuse for about 5 hours. It was pretty easy drive despite the fact that it was rainy all the time.

So hotel. I chose Hotel Skyler. I needed a hotel as close to Syracuse University (the event was held there) as possible, the Skyler was very close on the Google map. I know, I know there is Sheraton University Hotel which is right there but I wanted something a little bit cheaper and more cozy. I liked how Hotel Skyler looked on the pictures. It looked fairly unusual.

I booked and payed 150 CAD for one night.  Parking, breakfast and WI-FI were included.



As I learn later the Skyler hotel building was a home for a Synagogue - Temple Adath Yeshurun and was renovated and opened as a hotel in 2011. No wonder it has that kind of look.

The hotel's hall was also quite unusual and interesting.






The room was pretty nice too. My was regular king bed room.





One thing I did not liked much was squeaky floor.  Especially it wasn't pleasant when somebody was walking on the floor above.

There no restaurant in the hotel so for dinner you may have to go outside but there is plenty of nice looking places around. BTW I found a fine place about which I will tell in the next post.

The breakfast was pretty good. With variety of organic products. Since there is no restaurant in the hotel the breakfast was setted up right in the hall.

So overall it is pretty nice hotel at least to stay for one or for couple of nights.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Откроются ли канадские школы в сентябре | Учеба в вагончиках

Сегодня во время прогулки обнаружили, что у нас в школе установили дополнительные классы. Раньше такие классы мы только в новостях видели, в...